View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Vanuatu Jill

believe it or not, I subscribe to Quiltmaker, F & P, American Patchwork & Quilting, Quilter's Home, Quilters World, The Quilter Magazine, McCalls Quilting and receive F&P Easy Quilts thru Quilters Club of America! I used to get Quilters Newsletter, but didn't like most of their patterns, so let it expire after about 5 years. I am certifiable-but most I subscribed to while living overseas where it was my only connection to anything (or anybody) quilting! I just keep renewing. I do, however, keep every issue and periodically I thumb thru them again and always discover something new. I am currently making projects out of all the previous Dec issues over the years for Xmas.
Now, when I was just starting out, I first subscribed to Quiltmaker (in 2000) and that magazine taught me to quilt. I found the patterns easy to understand, I loved that many of their patterns show an alternative color scheme, and they also give quilting motifs for many of their quilts so it took away alot of the stress of how to quilt it. I still subscribe to it.