View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 10:39 AM
amandasgramma

Folks....I've been thru an incredible summer.....and just now finding out what's wrong.

This might be considered private, but I want to share so maybe it will help others.

Starting last summer I has having back aches. Been to two doctors, and 20 physical therapy treatments. The meds -- oh wow, they've changed my meds, etc.

Had said I've had it --- no improvement to speak of. Other than a spasm in my buttocks that has gone away, the back still hurts. I'm tired -- exhausted at times. And other problems. Like --- gee, hot flashes, so I now take black cohosh. Confusion --- oh dear, alzheimers runs in the family. Exhaustion -- well, the back hurts, so maybe you're not getting the best sleep. Nausea -- yeah, ditto - too tired.

So, in the middle of this I decide to get life insurance (no, I didn't think I was dying -- just something I should do). They did blood tests on Sept 21. Last Wednesday I get those test results. WOW --- My WBC is high!!! And another test that I had to look up was positive! the internet said UTI (urinary tract infection). nope -- I'm SURE I don't have that -- NO symptoms.
Doc took 7 vials of blood and a UA. Got a call today -- I have UTI!!!!! So I look up the symptoms.....did you know that exhaustion, hot/cold symptoms, nausea, and confusion are ALL symptoms of UTI??? I didn't!!! Okay -- I will NEVER think "Oh the doc won't find anything" again when I really do feel like I'm not well.

Hope this helps you all ---- now, I'm off to the pharmacy!!!!