Old 11-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Flying_V_Goddess

Since the Kittie t-shirt quilt is now on hiatus (which will now be made for myself because I'm not dating the person it was going to) I want to make something else. My friend, Andrew (we kind of have a "I love you, but things are too messed up now for a relationship at the moment" thing), half jokingly said I should make him a quilt made up of Slipknot t-shirts so he'd have something to hang up on his wall. After a while I thought "Why not?" and have decided to go for it.

The only thing I know for certain is that it will have nine t-shirts on it. I went with nine because it seemed like nine would make a good sized wall hanging, but today I realized there are 9 members in Slipknot (or were...Paul Gray died earlier this year). Kind of a nice touch. Oh, and I'm almost 100% certain what kind of rod I'm going to buy for it to go with it so he can hang it up on his wall.

But I keep coming up with so many ideas that I don't know what to do with them. First I was going to have grey borders and sashing like the Kittie quilt, but somehow got the idea to do them in solid black like the shirts. Then I was working the crafts section at work and saw those iron on studs and remembered they used to carry ones that looked like the pyramid studs you find on belts and wristcuffs at Hot Topic----thought "The sashings gonna be real thin...maybe find pyramid stud iron ons and iron them on sashing and add to the heavy metal look?" Today while making breakfast (of all things) I thought if I do the whole thing in black that maybe the quilting should be in a different thread color so that it really pops---red or grey I wondered? Speaking of quilting, I oringinally was going to a ripple effect (in other words, plain straight stitching) and at work the other day during break I got the idea to do diamonds along the borders.

I love when I get ideas for things, but hate when my brain just won't shut up for a moment with them. Hmmm...what do you guys think of all these ideas?