View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Greeter Eva

Originally Posted by tellabella
I have been working on for over a year on and off...I do some of my steps a little differently..I use regular paper from the copier...I print copies our for the above mentioned site, then I cut them out very carefully..and accurately..you can buy them but I think it is a waste of $..then when I baste I NEVER go through the paper..I only baste my fabric over the paper...after I join my hexies I remove the paper (only after I have sewn 6 sides...so I remove paper as I go...I NEVER remove the basting stitches and this to me helps the basting stay flat and not bunch up after quilting..no need to remove and keeps the seams flat...I can take pics if anyone is interested...oh, I also cut my fabric in hex shapes..takes time..but saves LOTS of fabric and you get more hexies..
That's very interesting. I have been working on one for about the past two yrs. & I wish I had read this before I started. Lately I have been worried about the bunching. The way I learned to do this was, my SL sent me samples by snail mail. So that didn't really tell me to much. Thankyou for the good info. Sure would like to try another one. Greeter Eva