View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 08:38 PM
raedar63

Math UGH, that is why I keep things very simple and just drool over the talent here. You know I had to get a tutor plus take remedial math and then basic algebra TWICE ! so that I could be a nurse. I am convinced I have dyscalcula, I was never even able to memorize the times tables we all had to do In grade school. But you know I am a critical care nurse ,and have been for years, I deal with some pretty intense things. I am out in the open about my math skills with all co-workers and the pharmacy so I don't harm someone with a dose error.
i guess why I am rambling on and on is that I want you to see don't let math skills hold you back!!!!!It sure dosen't me. do I screw up quilting measurements ? you bet! I do this for enjoyment and I enjoy scrap quilts just fine. Those "screwups just go into the scrap or string pile. I have only bought expensive fabric a few times and it was used for very simple patterns and simple bag patterns.(you cant beat lazy girl designs for simple bags) So if you enjoy this hobby do not quit, and if it is too much stress just find another, but this is a forgiving hobby if you aren't too fussy ! lol