View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Lady Shivesa

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa
What have you gotten away with making for people in your home without them knowing you were making it for them?

I've been working on a Mario wall hanging for DH in almost the same room as him and so far he hasn't noticed! Here's hoping he doesn't figure it out before Christmas!
Pretty please send me a picture when you're done.

I made the Metroid quilt in my avatar for DH when he was DB. It took me 14 months and was hiding in my guest room and then in my closet (good thing he never went in there!). He actually picked out the fabric colors. I left the pieces out while I was working on it in the initial stages. 14 months, he had no clue. And then going up to Prescott for Xmas, I wrapped up the quilt and put a phonebook in the box to throw off the weight :twisted:
I will definitely send you pictures when I'm finished. I'm thinking it might come out a little crooked...I didn't square up the little 2 inch squares before sewing them together, so the lines are looking pretty crooked right now. Oh well, he'll love it anyway I know.

I'm pretty sure he knows I'm making him something. He has seen the pattern, and I asked if I did make him something if he wanted a wall hanging or lap quilt. And your metroid quilt is absolutely awesome - I don't know if I have that kind of patience!!