Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Right under his nose... >

Right under his nose...

Right under his nose...

Old 11-24-2010, 12:05 AM

Zipster the cat believes EVERYTHING I work on is for him.....
Old 11-24-2010, 03:44 AM

My Maltese knows every project I have made and loves to sit on them when I am sandwiching. She is also in every picture when I lay them out on the floor. I also made a quilt for my husband for his birthday and he never knew it was going on.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:55 AM

Maybe if you played his Xbox games, .....naked

Originally Posted by sahm4605
I wish that i had the problem of an interested hubby. Unless I am spending money, he doesn't really care what I am doing. I have asked him his opinion on things, but most of the time. he says that it looks fine and then goes back to playing his games on the computer or x-box. I wonder what he would do if I started to quilt naked? maybe then he would get interested. probably not thought. other than to tell me to close the blinds.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:45 AM

I have done that a few times. I crocheted my husband an afghan and he didn't know it... I cheated though a bit. I crocheted two projects at the same time so that when he came home, I switched to the other project :D It was like a two for one special for me!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:42 AM

Sorry, had a private message on there.
I wish that i had the problem of an interested hubby. Unless I am spending money, he doesn't really care what I am doing. I have asked him his opinion on things, but most of the time. he says that it looks fine and then goes back to playing his games on the computer or x-box. I wonder what he would do if I started to quilt naked? maybe then he would get interested. probably not thought. other than to tell me to close the blinds.
[/quote]
Old 11-24-2010, 07:42 AM

[/quote]
Old 11-24-2010, 07:44 AM

[quote=
Old 11-24-2010, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by darlin121
I made my children flannel log cabin quilts when they were 10 and 11 and they never caught on. That was many years ago and I am currently working on a quilt for my daughter but its getting harder and harder to hide it!
I actually had to take my children one time to do my christmas shopping and they never realized the presents in my shopping was actually for them until christmas morning. They thought I was buying christmas presents for their cousins.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:51 AM

I am making aprons for everyone this year, and since our daughter is coming to spend a few days, starting this afternoon, I am going to have to be sneaky. I must sew this week or they won't all get done, so I am going to cut them all out this am, then work on one while she is out with friends. I might be able to get several done. She is basically not curious, so won't go snooping, which will help. My other daughter would be on the lookout for anything suspicious!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Power Poster

Everyone comes in my studio and they all want to know who it is for or they claim it is for themselves. So...... No I can't get away with much.