Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Right under his nose...

What have you gotten away with making for people in your home without them knowing you were making it for them?

I've been working on a Mario wall hanging for DH in almost the same room as him and so far he hasn't noticed! Here's hoping he doesn't figure it out before Christmas!

Blog Entries
    Way to go! :)

Sneeky are ya???.....lol

Hubby and son never pay any attention to my knitting.

other than my 8 year old no one ever pays attention to what I am working on, except on rare occasions,usually when I dont want them to notice ☺

Lauriejo I love your Avatar!

Thank you, that's me before coffee. I don't show anyone me without Pepsi! LOL

bj
    Made quilt for my dog. He was really excited when he discovered it was for him!(O:

Quote Originally Posted by bj
    Made quilt for my dog. He was really excited when he discovered it was for him!(O:
    ROFLMBO

Awww that's cute BJ. I know my dog is the same way.

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriejo
    Thank you, that's me before coffee. I don't show anyone me without Pepsi! LOL

:D :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa
    What have you gotten away with making for people in your home without them knowing you were making it for them?

I've been working on a Mario wall hanging for DH in almost the same room as him and so far he hasn't noticed! Here's hoping he doesn't figure it out before Christmas!
    Pretty please send me a picture when you're done.

I made the Metroid quilt in my avatar for DH when he was DB. It took me 14 months and was hiding in my guest room and then in my closet (good thing he never went in there!). He actually picked out the fabric colors. I left the pieces out while I was working on it in the initial stages. 14 months, he had no clue. And then going up to Prescott for Xmas, I wrapped up the quilt and put a phonebook in the box to throw off the weight :twisted:

The cat couldn't careless about the quilt she is getting, its gonna get hairy anyways.

Made a quilt for DH last Christmas and went bonkers trying to find time and place to sew so he wouldn't see. It is amazing that it didn't catch on when I spent a whole lot of time at our DD's house "helping her with some last minute Christmas things she suddenly decided she wanted"....

I made my children flannel log cabin quilts when they were 10 and 11 and they never caught on. That was many years ago and I am currently working on a quilt for my daughter but its getting harder and harder to hide it!

Every day I had to put one up and then off the design wall. Drove me crazy, but hubs was truly pleased and surprised.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I made one for DH right under his nose and he ooooed and awwwwed all the way thru it boy was he surprised when I gave it to him for his Birthday. This was the only quilt he ever showed that much interest in.

I think I could take a semi apart in the house and my husband wouldn't pay the least bit of attention unless I asked him to help. He is the least curious person. Never asks me what I bought when I come in with tons of bags. Never wants to shake a Christmas present under the tree. He's not ignoring me or anything - just isn't curious.

I wish that i had the problem of an interested hubby. Unless I am spending money, he doesn't really care what I am doing. I have asked him his opinion on things, but most of the time. he says that it looks fine and then goes back to playing his games on the computer or x-box. I wonder what he would do if I started to quilt naked? maybe then he would get interested. probably not thought. other than to tell me to close the blinds.

Quote Originally Posted by bj

LOL!!! That woke me up! Please, it's only 6:45am, too early to be laughing this hard!

I am making a lap quilt for my sister. I can't sew it while she is over because she likes to sit in my sewing room and chat. There will be late nights with this one. :) She doesn't even know she helped. These are blocks that she had pinned together for a project and I sewed them and cut them and made 12 inch squares. I can't wait to see her face when she opens it!!! Almost done then off to Charisma for quilting. :)

I live with all Sons...they never pay attention!

I made 2 quilts for college DDs for Christmas one year. hid them when they came home for weekends. Made one for DH's birthday-collected the fabric for at least a year(all wldlife/hunting themed)-never caught on. right now I'm finishing the last of 5 for christmas gifts for my kids. Only one is still at home so that hasn't been a problem. Did have one close call with these, visiting DD wanted to borrow my sewing machine to finish a gift, had to scurry and hide everything.

Blog Entries
    I am making DH a quilt for Christmas and he doesn't even have a clue it is for him. I made DGD a quilt and she didn't know it was for her, but she just turned 5. I can't do that with the DD's. They catch on to fast. One is 23 and the other is 15.

I did make older DD a quilt for Christmas this year, but worked on it while she was at work. Younger DD wants tied fleece blankets for her and her BF. I am going to work on it while she is in school.

Quote Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa

Pretty please send me a picture when you're done.

I made the Metroid quilt in my avatar for DH when he was DB. It took me 14 months and was hiding in my guest room and then in my closet (good thing he never went in there!). He actually picked out the fabric colors. I left the pieces out while I was working on it in the initial stages. 14 months, he had no clue. And then going up to Prescott for Xmas, I wrapped up the quilt and put a phonebook in the box to throw off the weight :twisted:
    I will definitely send you pictures when I'm finished. I'm thinking it might come out a little crooked...I didn't square up the little 2 inch squares before sewing them together, so the lines are looking pretty crooked right now. Oh well, he'll love it anyway I know.

I'm pretty sure he knows I'm making him something. He has seen the pattern, and I asked if I did make him something if he wanted a wall hanging or lap quilt. And your metroid quilt is absolutely awesome - I don't know if I have that kind of patience!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast