View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 06:39 AM
clem55

This struck me really funny this morning. Last night I got to thinking of the huge white linen tablecloth I have that was my mom's, thought I should give it to my DIL as her table does open larger than mine. And then I thought, I could probably use it in a quilt! I had several smaller linen tablecloths that mom used all the time, they were worn in spots, and I am not into using tablecloths , except for special days, so I cut them into dishtowels. , Even had some nice pattern ones that I had for a wedding gift, did the same with them. That was before people got on the vintage kick, or I could have sold them! Anyway, they sure have had a lot of use since. Some of the linen I saved to use as window wipers, that worked great! But, back to the subject, I am probably going to ask DIL if she wants it, and if not, I'm getting that one and a damask one I have, and they will be used in quilts. Mom's is large enough for a backing on a queen size quilt. I also have about 12 doilys mom made that I have attached to dk. green velvet, intended someday to make a quilt top with them, but not sure how to set them as they are different sizes.