Old 11-28-2010, 02:11 AM
mrspete

Didn't start as a Christmas wish, but I always wanted a blue teddybear. Years ago they weren't colored, just browns and blacks, perhaps variations. I was to have my tonsils out and my maternal grandfather had a heart attack and came home the day I was to be in surgery, many miles away. Mom said if I would be a good girl and go have this done I would only have to stay one night and she would get me something I wanted special. I thought well I won't have to go if I ask for a blue teddybear. NOTTTTTTT but she couldn't find one. The subject was dropped and through the years I told everyone, that the only thing I ever really truly wanted was a blue teddybear. I bought one at the dollar store a few years ago......I also have teddybear collection. Just little bears, not the big ones! But I have the blue teddybear even if I had to buy it myself, well, especially that I had to buy it myself. Have you seen the different shades of blue? I got what I wanted. Oh btw, mom did get me a blue beachball. I didn't even know what a beach was and she gave one to my little sister, too. That didn't seem at all special. I guess that is why I kept my desire so long. Was I the nut case?