Old 11-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Flying_V_Goddess

One year all I wanted was a Chia Pet when they were all the rage. I think I was 8. Something like that. So I asked my Grandma figuring she would definatly get it......not your typical nice grandma who bakes cookies and sews a little. Total control freak who likes to show off to people with money. Sometimes the wrapping paper on her presents cost more than the gift because she gets expensive wrapping paper and expensive ribbon for them. Didn't realize it when I was 8 other than I knew she didn't like my tomboyish ways.

Anyways, NEVER got it. The crappy part was she had put one of my gifts in a Chia pet box! So obviously when I unwrapped the gift I went "A Chia Pet!" in excitement before being told "Um...I think you should look inside the box". Turned out to be a childrens cassette player and tapes for it. Like I said, because Grandma likes to show off it wasn't a cheap one either. I went "Oh. A tape player. Thanks." Broke my little 8 year old heart and thinking about it kind of ticks me off because it was kind of a cruel thing to do. That's all I really asked for and she knew that's what I wanted and she sticks another present in the Chia Pet box and no Chia Pet!

Then there was the time I got something I wasn't supposed to. Another year one of the things I asked for was Alanis Morresette's "Jagged Little Pill" album. Mom specifically told her she could get anything else I wanted but NOT that album. She bought it anyways. Also, she had got my brother Chuck the Talking Truck when Mom said she was getting it for him (Grandma's reasoning was *insert snobbish voice* "Well, I wasn't sure if you'd make it to the store to get one"). I think she did those things just to tick Mom off.