Thread: pillow cases
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 10:44 PM
quilterfly

Originally Posted by quilterj
Originally Posted by quilterj
Ok thanks. I have cut the selvages and straightened the edges. Now I have another question. I have cut my body 27" by wof which is 42". But I am about to cut the 9" piece but the width is about 2" shorter in wof and that is after I also trimed the selvages. As it is the piece I have was cut kinda wonky but have enough except for the wof.
So do I assemble center and go on to sew then trim the body down? Have you had this problem?
Would it look stupid if I were to add alittle onto the wof for the cuff to give it just the same length? To get some of this fabric I would probably have to wait until sat. and then have to drive about 40 miles just to get some more and even with the selvage on it I think it is still a little short but not like it is now.
I don't have anything else to put with this pillow case to change it. What would you do?
I don't know if I can make this clear enough but here goes: To add width to your 9"piece, you might cut a different fabric the length you need & maybe fussy cut it so you have a little
"embellishment" when you're done. It would look as though you meant it to be that way. Or maybe you have a piece of lace or an old crochet doily you could use. Does this make any sense?