Thread: pillow cases
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 05:03 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilterfly
Originally Posted by quilterj
Originally Posted by quilterj
Ok thanks. I have cut the selvages and straightened the edges. Now I have another question. I have cut my body 27" by wof which is 42". But I am about to cut the 9" piece but the width is about 2" shorter in wof and that is after I also trimed the selvages. As it is the piece I have was cut kinda wonky but have enough except for the wof.
So do I assemble center and go on to sew then trim the body down? Have you had this problem?
Would it look stupid if I were to add alittle onto the wof for the cuff to give it just the same length? To get some of this fabric I would probably have to wait until sat. and then have to drive about 40 miles just to get some more and even with the selvage on it I think it is still a little short but not like it is now.
I don't have anything else to put with this pillow case to change it. What would you do?
I don't know if I can make this clear enough but here goes: To add width to your 9"piece, you might cut a different fabric the length you need & maybe fussy cut it so you have a little
"embellishment" when you're done. It would look as though you meant it to be that way. Or maybe you have a piece of lace or an old crochet doily you could use. Does this make any sense?
Something like this?

You could add inserts to both sides so it would look really intentional. If you just tack the extra fabric on the end, it kind of looks more "oopsie" than planned.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-135612.jpe