Old 11-29-2010, 06:30 AM
aliaslaceygreen

Originally Posted by Momma_K
My fiance lives on Staten Island. I go there at least 2 times a year and absolutely LOVE it! The first time I rode the Staten Island Ferry I had tears streaming from my eyes when I seen the Statue of Liberty for the first time. My sweetheart says it's all old to him but he took me everywhere! From Wall Street, to Broadway, Times Square, 5th Avenue, Oh Heavens I can't mention it all it's so much! I love the diners too, Vegas in Brooklyn is my favorite...also The Colonade on Staten Island!! One of my favorite spots is Strands Book Store! We go in there and spend what seems hours, he always makes sure I'm fully loaded with any book I find interesting! Anyway, I told my mother I have to make sure she visits there someday...everyone should see it at least once!
:shock: OH and St Patricks Cathedral is just breath taking inside!! Oh and I think it's the Old Trinity Church where they made the movie National Treasure...amazing! Also love walking thru the old cemetarys looking at the old headstones. Ok, I'm done...I could go and on and on and on....!! :mrgreen: I miss it very much.. :XD: :-( :lol:
MommaK...I am from Staten Island!!! I moved away in 2002 to be with my DH in VA, I MISS it so much (well, not the traffic on Forest Ave or Hylan Blvd but the rest, a LOT!!!!) And the Colonnade diner!!!!