View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 01:34 PM
fayza

Originally Posted by deema
I am an avid reader...or...I *used* to be.

I started my first quilt at the end of August this year. To that point, I'd read 55+ books (I was in a book worm challenge, to read 50 books for the year of 2010, I stopped counting at 55 which happened late July). Since I started my first quilt...I have not touched a single book. With the exception of quilting books and magazines. Since the end of August, I have nearly completed 4 quilts - tops, quilting, and binding (just working on tying/quilting the 4th), I have made two sets of quilted oven mitts and matching place mats, and 5 quilted purses, three of which were for charity/fund raising. Every spare moment I have is dedicated to planning, making, shopping and/or dreaming up quilts, and admiring them on here.
Sounds like we have lots in common, deema. I know what you mean by planning, shopping, making, and/or dreaming of my next creation. I have found so many patterns I want to do.... so in effort to help me while shopping for fabrics I have a small notepad that I carry in my purse with the names of the patterns, how many diff fabrics, and how much yardage to buy of each...... It helps me keep all those thoughts/dreams together and actually turn them into something. Oh heavens I do believe I have a serious problem...... I'm a quiltaholic!!!!