View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 07:03 AM
kellen46

Originally Posted by KiwiQuilter
Does anyone want to join me on a fabric moratorium.

What I'm thinking about is this...

* no fabric purchases to start a new quilt top
* from now until 1 November 2011

What you can buy is this - items to finish an existing quilt project (either WIP or UFO):

* batting
* backing or binding fabric
* fabric (if nothing in your stash will work)
* thread or notions

Anyone else interested in joining me?
Interestingly, I have already started. A couple of months ago I was going through my stuff and decided not only did I have enough I probably have too much. So other than needles, thread and batting I have decided not to buy for a year. I will finish my UFO's and I will continue to make stash quilts. I probably have enough thread, needles and batting to last me a year anyway. No books either. I have no more room for stuff in my sewing room or on my book shelves. I will concentrate on using what I have. The only exception is that I belong to the Benertex sample club and that is about four charm packs a year, it is already paid for you see. This year I made 12 full size quilts to send to the longarmer, probably more than that in smaller quilts I did up myself, and enough aprons, dishtowels, hot pads and place mats to outfit three families...I know about the last bit as they sit in my Christmas boxes behind me. Still I have not made a discernible dent in the stash, nor cleared space on the shelves. So here is to using up what I have and clearing space on the shelves. I am in.