View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Ramona Byrd

They've been with us in public when strangers comment on how polite and well-mannered our kids are.
--------------------------------------------------------
My sister came to visit for TG and we were shopping in the grocery store. There was a tired looking young black lady with her husband shopping, but they had 4 kids who stayed with them and moved out of the way of others when daddy waved his hand at them. They stayed together and ASKEd if they could have some small treat, which was laid in the basket and not touched again, though there were longing looks from the kids. Sister and I went over and congratulated them in how well their kids were trained. They looked surprised first and then pleased.
(No one has ever complained about being told this).
We both make a point of telling parents of well mannered children this in public, especially in front of families with brats running wild and screaming because they don't get what they want. Fast food joints, high end restaurants, grocery stores, etc, all of them have bad mannered kids running wild. Only exception we see all the time are the Mennonite kids. Back home we had the Amish, but sadly, most folks want to "be their children's friends". Friends are equal, me, I'm their Mother and boss, right after Daddy.