View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 04:53 PM
omak

Originally Posted by SueKitten1
If you find a solution, please let me know. My grandbabies are 5 & 6. If they are here with only me and hubby I can discipline them, usually does no good. I tell mom and dad later what happened since they are old enough to tell. Mom's look could kill me, dad's is one of satisfaction. The problem is, she is my daughter and she gets mad at me. I told her from the very beginning, my house, my rules, if you don't like it, keep them home. My husband disagrees with me and only causes more problems. Let me know when you find the solution. I stay frustrated.
Life is pretty simple.
If people are going to be angry with you - - let it be for the right reasons.
My mom used to tell me that she faced a higher judge than I regarding my discipline (when I was being raised). Until you become a parent you never understand how much you are responsible for.
If daughter gives you looks that can kill, it suggests to me that she has some growing up to do. Until we learn to yield to authority, we really don't do a good job of brandishing authority over others.
Maybe daughter is learning a new respect for you - - as in you are taking stands you didn't use to? Perhaps showing more individualism than she understood you had?
And, an interesting thing I found with my adult children - - when they want ME to do what I do, they come around. When they don't want to HEAR ME - - they go find someone else to talk to <g> - - after all these years, they know who I am and they have a choice - - deal with mom or find someone who thinks more like you.
Does that make sense? <wave>