View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 01:38 PM
salisaquilter

I started quilting when young girl. Mom sewed and always had scraps for me to make doll blankets. Then time went on and I started my family. I made the kids clothes and then took the scraps and sewed them on old blankets to make warm quilts for the kids beds. So about 1948 started quilting./or sewing patches on old blankets and have progressed to every type of quilting. Hand quilting being my favorite or applique.
I have taught at Joanns... adult education... and in my home. I even had a small quilt shop where every Sunday I would hang a new quilt in my front window... If I went to church Sunday and the quilt was not changed everyone wondered what I had done that week. I helped support my family by making quilts.
Today I quilt for churches, raffles, kids, siblings and fun. Always have at least 5 items going. Make my self finish those 5 tops before I start another. That is really hard because I see so much I still would like to do.
I do not really like the craziness of some of the quilting magazines today. The patterns are just to far out.... Prefer to go back to the old tried and true patterns of yesteryear.
Love this group and this was a fun subject to read...