View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 08:34 AM
DonnaRae

Originally Posted by fabricluvr
that's a great idea! does that pattern also have a backpack in it? it looks familiar. i made a backpack last winter. it was tedious, but it's been very useful!
Yes it does but the water bottle pattern is all messed up. Unless they fixed it and I have an old one. Who knows. But the measurements are wrong, the steps are not only in the wrong order but missing too. And the way they did the elastic and the pockets I tottaly changed. And of course the strap but I usally do that anyway. Oh and the size, if you figured out the measurement the way they have them would fit a two litre bottle. :shock: Who carries that big of a water bottle. at least that is what I came up with after figuring out the measurements. :wink: Very wierd. But I have another pattern from 9ok here it is) Simplicity, that I was using to make a top for me and that was messed up too. I don't think they always check the patterns. I am not a novice sewer so I am able to figure the patterns out but if someone was just learning or just learned patterns this would have drove them crazy. But then again I have got some awesome patterns from them, so you never know! So after all the rambling, How was the backpack? :D