Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilted Water Bottle Bag For DH

Took a while to make this. I started out with a pattern but it was all messed up, so ended up designing most of it myself! But My DH is Happy.
    The bag has a Insul-Brite layer to keep beverages cold or hot. And a half layer of iron on plastic for so not to get the bag wet from sweat water. He loves it. I am making two different types also.

Not good pictures but you can see this one.
    Name:  Attachment-16984.jpe
Views: 52
Size:  41.1 KB

Came out dark. Sorry
    Name:  Attachment-16995.jpe
Views: 54
Size:  45.7 KB

Strap is ajustable but I made it a little to long. I have to shorten it about 5 inches.
    Name:  Attachment-17364.jpe
Views: 53
Size:  39.6 KB

Donna-You did an awesome job--your husband must be thrilled! The fabrics you picked are great, too.

great idea for summer.... :D

This is AWESOME!!

Susan

Thanks everyone. Yep, it is great for summer. So going to put off making the other syles for now. Besides I am really busy with other projects I am doing or need to start.

I forgot to add the patches are pockets, you can put notes in and a pen or whatever.

Blog Entries
    Fabulous!

Good job. I love it. I never heard of iron on plastic.

Great job! Such nice manly fabrics.

Quote Originally Posted by sewsewquilter
    Good job. I love it. I never heard of iron on plastic.
    I don't know why I put plastic. It is actully Iron on clear vinyl. :D

Banned
    What an awesome job...... I bet your hubby just loves it. What a neat idea

Awesome! That would be perfect for when I ride bike.

That is such a great idea!! Here in AZ we don't go anywhere year round without our bottles of water in tow. I would love to know what pattern you used!

Banned
    those would be great for hunting season also if you made them in camo fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by vjquilter
    That is such a great idea!! Here in AZ we don't go anywhere year round without our bottles of water in tow. I would love to know what pattern you used!
    I can tell you what pattern if you are good at correcting. I had to change a lot of the pattern so all the measurements are different. But the pattern measurments may be okay it is just the steps that are messed up. So I changed those the most. Let me know. I am almost finished writing up the correct version and am happy to share it if you want. You only have to make two differences in a pattern to claim it your own from what I learned going to a conference last year. Hopefully it did not change but I doubt it. :D

Quote Originally Posted by babeegirl
    those would be great for hunting season also if you made them in camo fabric.

What an awesome idea. And boy do we have hunters here where I live. I could sell probably at the market or something. Thanks!

And thanks everyone for the liking.

Banned
    very nice DonnaRae :D Annie

I love your quilted water bottle bag!!

I would love to have to pattern also. If you don't mind.

Thanks!!!

Hi,
    I am not really a quilter (my mother forwarded this newsletter to me because of the fantastic article on setting up your sewing space), but I am very interested in the water bottle. My husband is a taxi driver here in Bermuda, and always carries a water bottle (at night he actually puts it half full in the freezer then tops it off with cold water in the morning so that he has cold water all day!). I have bought him several covers, but they are 'plastic' and never seem to last; I always say I'm going to take one apart and make him one, but didn't know what to use for the insulation (if nothing else I have learned that from this!). Anyway, I too am very interested in the pattern/instructionsfor the bottle - he would not use a long strap, but rather a 'hand' loop for when he picks it up (he normally rests it in the console between the seats). Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,
    Connie in Bermuda

that's a great idea! does that pattern also have a backpack in it? it looks familiar. i made a backpack last winter. it was tedious, but it's been very useful!

Quote Originally Posted by fabricluvr
    that's a great idea! does that pattern also have a backpack in it? it looks familiar. i made a backpack last winter. it was tedious, but it's been very useful!
    Yes it does but the water bottle pattern is all messed up. Unless they fixed it and I have an old one. Who knows. But the measurements are wrong, the steps are not only in the wrong order but missing too. And the way they did the elastic and the pockets I tottaly changed. And of course the strap but I usally do that anyway. Oh and the size, if you figured out the measurement the way they have them would fit a two litre bottle. :shock: Who carries that big of a water bottle. at least that is what I came up with after figuring out the measurements. :wink: Very wierd. But I have another pattern from 9ok here it is) Simplicity, that I was using to make a top for me and that was messed up too. I don't think they always check the patterns. I am not a novice sewer so I am able to figure the patterns out but if someone was just learning or just learned patterns this would have drove them crazy. But then again I have got some awesome patterns from them, so you never know! So after all the rambling, How was the backpack? :D

Quote Originally Posted by conuda
    Hi,
    I am not really a quilter (my mother forwarded this newsletter to me because of the fantastic article on setting up your sewing space), but I am very interested in the water bottle. My husband is a taxi driver here in Bermuda, and always carries a water bottle (at night he actually puts it half full in the freezer then tops it off with cold water in the morning so that he has cold water all day!). I have bought him several covers, but they are 'plastic' and never seem to last; I always say I'm going to take one apart and make him one, but didn't know what to use for the insulation (if nothing else I have learned that from this!). Anyway, I too am very interested in the pattern/instructionsfor the bottle - he would not use a long strap, but rather a 'hand' loop for when he picks it up (he normally rests it in the console between the seats). Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,
    Connie in Bermuda
    I am rewriting up the pattern. Almost finished. And the loop I agree with. My DB wants one with a loop for his belt incase he wants to carry it. My DH takes medication that makes him thirsty and so has water with him all the time. There are D rings on the strap to make it shorter or longer. I got a good giggle and so did ny DH about the way your DH does the water in the freezer. Mine does the same exact thing. But my DH said to tell you he is not from nor lives in Bermuda. Alaska is his home town. See a world apart, but still the same. LOL... Okay when I am finished with the patter I will get it to you and everyone who has asked. You can always buy the pattern, but it is a mess! Unless like I said before maybe it has been corrected but I have not had mine buy only a year maybe. Back to quilt sewiing for now.

Oh and there is another pattern on the net that you could use. I will try to find it. But I don't think it has insulation but you can add it. The pattern I used did not have the insulation. I added it to the pattern. If I can find the pattern I will post it. :D