Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilted Water Bottle Bag For DH >

Quilted Water Bottle Bag For DH

Quilted Water Bottle Bag For DH

Old 10-10-2008, 07:33 PM

Awesome! That would be perfect for when I ride bike.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:45 PM

That is such a great idea!! Here in AZ we don't go anywhere year round without our bottles of water in tow. I would love to know what pattern you used!
Old 10-11-2008, 02:48 AM
Banned

those would be great for hunting season also if you made them in camo fabric.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by vjquilter
That is such a great idea!! Here in AZ we don't go anywhere year round without our bottles of water in tow. I would love to know what pattern you used!
I can tell you what pattern if you are good at correcting. I had to change a lot of the pattern so all the measurements are different. But the pattern measurments may be okay it is just the steps that are messed up. So I changed those the most. Let me know. I am almost finished writing up the correct version and am happy to share it if you want. You only have to make two differences in a pattern to claim it your own from what I learned going to a conference last year. Hopefully it did not change but I doubt it. :D
Old 10-11-2008, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by babeegirl
those would be great for hunting season also if you made them in camo fabric.

What an awesome idea. And boy do we have hunters here where I live. I could sell probably at the market or something. Thanks!

And thanks everyone for the liking.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Banned

very nice DonnaRae :D Annie
Old 10-12-2008, 10:31 AM

I love your quilted water bottle bag!!

I would love to have to pattern also. If you don't mind.

Thanks!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:38 AM

Hi,
I am not really a quilter (my mother forwarded this newsletter to me because of the fantastic article on setting up your sewing space), but I am very interested in the water bottle. My husband is a taxi driver here in Bermuda, and always carries a water bottle (at night he actually puts it half full in the freezer then tops it off with cold water in the morning so that he has cold water all day!). I have bought him several covers, but they are 'plastic' and never seem to last; I always say I'm going to take one apart and make him one, but didn't know what to use for the insulation (if nothing else I have learned that from this!). Anyway, I too am very interested in the pattern/instructionsfor the bottle - he would not use a long strap, but rather a 'hand' loop for when he picks it up (he normally rests it in the console between the seats). Looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Connie in Bermuda
Old 10-13-2008, 07:24 AM

that's a great idea! does that pattern also have a backpack in it? it looks familiar. i made a backpack last winter. it was tedious, but it's been very useful!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by fabricluvr
that's a great idea! does that pattern also have a backpack in it? it looks familiar. i made a backpack last winter. it was tedious, but it's been very useful!
Yes it does but the water bottle pattern is all messed up. Unless they fixed it and I have an old one. Who knows. But the measurements are wrong, the steps are not only in the wrong order but missing too. And the way they did the elastic and the pockets I tottaly changed. And of course the strap but I usally do that anyway. Oh and the size, if you figured out the measurement the way they have them would fit a two litre bottle. :shock: Who carries that big of a water bottle. at least that is what I came up with after figuring out the measurements. :wink: Very wierd. But I have another pattern from 9ok here it is) Simplicity, that I was using to make a top for me and that was messed up too. I don't think they always check the patterns. I am not a novice sewer so I am able to figure the patterns out but if someone was just learning or just learned patterns this would have drove them crazy. But then again I have got some awesome patterns from them, so you never know! So after all the rambling, How was the backpack? :D