Old 12-06-2010, 06:45 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by deedum
I have noticed too many times, how beautiful things are in the store. I noticed a beautiful baby blanket with embrodiery in the store yesterday, just adorable. I thought perhaps I am wasting my time, although everyone seems to be appreciative when they receive these gifts. The cost of the machines, thread, material, tools and my time are not cheap. My cost vs the dept store cost. Anyone else feel like this?I did read where more people are going back to making gifts to save money! Is it really saving? I know I make gifts because I want too, but how smart is it I wonder at times.
Just remember when people are buying those store bought embroidered gifts, they are usually made in a foreign country most likely in sweat shops. Yes, it costs us more in time and money to make it ourselves, but to me that is much more appreciated by the recipient. My girls love that I make them things. Whether I knit a scarf or sew a table runner, they know I put my heart and soul in it. And my grandkids love it when I make them gifts. When my grandson graduated from high school and went off to college in the fall I asked him what he wanted for a gift. He requested I make him a quilt/blanket for his dorm. I was thrilled.