View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 11:53 AM
fmd36

It sounds like you used cap tearaway. There are different weights of stabilizers...I usually chose an unstructured cap (no inside stiffner) and a cutaway. Structured caps (like trucker caps) are very had to get them to lay flat to get stitched. I have been mach. emb. since 1993 and although I don't consider myself and expert or professional, if I can ever help you with your mach. emb. just email me off group.Best wishes...
Originally Posted by clem55
Originally Posted by lllog
Tear away stabilizer has a tendency to wrinkle when it gets wet. Obviously, a towel will get wet at sometime.

Regardless of what a Janome dealer tells you, and before you get upset, I sold and held classes on Janome embroidery machines and love them, use wash away on both sides, you'll be happier with the results.

Lanny
Quiltedoaks.com
Gosh,I would never get upset when someone makes a suggestion to do things that are new to me. !! Ill take all the help I can get!! Years ago I used the tear away for something I was stitching, and I hated it because it was so stiff when finished, so wash away sounds good to me. And now I know who to ask when I need help.LOL Thanks!!