Old 12-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Covered in Threads

It's sad to hear your complaint but it works both ways. Surprising the times I've been ignored or avoided in our local home improvements store or car parts store. My professional world is in construction, so you know I can definitely feel for you. As for help in quilting, I'm sure there will be plenty here to help you - though to be honest most not male. My Father too enjoyed the sewing world along with fishing, hunting, cooking etc but he was a auto mechanic by profession after retiring from the Navy. He taught many a soldiers, all of his daughters and son how to fix things and maintain a vehicle along with the relaxation of working with a needle and thread. I warmly and openly invite you to visit and attend any of our guild meetings if you are ever in our neck of the woods - we'd love to have you with us because let's face it a man's view in the world of fabric manipulation that to me has always been unique. I hope there are a number of male quilters on this board that will come to your aid but if not there are plenty of us that will only be more than please to help where we can.