View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 04:28 AM
salmonsweet

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
When I reorganized my sewing area (for the last time I hope), I put all my projects and 'collections' together. They're neatly labeled in see through plastic totes and shoe boxes. All my other fabrics went together by group (squares, strips, FQ, etc.).

When I placed the containers on the shelving units I put the projects and collections FIRST AS I WALK PAST THEM and then the fabrics.
(...)

Good Luck!
Good points all, thank you. I'm realising what really bugs me most is there's quilting stuff EVERYWHERE in my home at the moment. I love quilting but also love doing other creative things, and I also work from home (absolutely wonderful, but only when I have space to think!).

Watched an old Star Trek Voyager show last night after reading this thread and realised I do indeed need to bring order to chaos. "You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile..." ;)

Once I get my things herded together into the right groups (quilting projects together, close to fabrics and other sewing stuff, writing-related things in a good solid place of their own, and so on), I'll hopefully feel more on top of my game again!