Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Drowning in projects >

Drowning in projects

Drowning in projects

Old 12-08-2010, 09:14 PM

I think quilters just naturally have a "few" (I use the word few loosely) projects going at once. I know I probably have 7 or 8 if I sat down and counted them, but then I am not sure I really want to know. I do have 2 on the table now that I am sewing blocks for and one that needs binding before Xmas. All be done before the end of the year! Also have 3 or 3 Xmas gifts to make yet. The rest are done - yeah!!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Sounds like you have a plan now stick to it! I generally have 2 or 3 projects going on at the same time sometimes more. I have to make myself finish them before moving on to a new one.
Same here. I think I found the answer to this very question yesterday while at the machine. Asked myself why I had so many projects going at the same time and came to the realization that if I didn't start a project I was really interested in, I'd never get around to it, as evidenced by all the bags with book and fabric stored in them. Sort of the "out of sight, out of mind" mentality for me. ;-) :roll:
Old 12-08-2010, 09:51 PM

Work on three. One for the hands, one for the machine, and one for the love of doing it
Old 12-08-2010, 10:21 PM

What I hate, is that when I leave a UFO sitting for too long, I forget what I was making with it and then have to learn all over again, and that takes time from doing all the new stuff I want to have as UFO's!!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:58 PM

If a project seems to just drag on and on like my latest, I will find a pattern or just gather a bunch of scraps and make a quick top just to satisfy that creative urge that drowns out all other mundane matters of daily life. Will do all that is necessary except sandwich it and hang up. I may have 15 tops ready to sandwich but i also never run out of anything to choose from for my next project to be quilted
Old 12-09-2010, 11:48 AM

I am dying to start a new project, but have so many to finish before Christmas. Can't wait to get done.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54
I have a ton of incomplete quilting projects, assorted crafting projects....boy, can I relate!!!
me tooo......
Old 12-13-2010, 08:25 AM

Stop beating yourself up. I can name 50 UFO/projects I have fabric for. That makes me a SABLE - Supplies Accrued Beyond Life Expectancy! Right now I find most new fabrics unappealing, so I'm happy I have my stash. I try to quilt about 1 hour a day, because big blocks of time never seem to show up. I'm also trying very hard to not bring in a project until I finish one. It's hard, but I've succeded twice this week alone! Enjoy your hobby, it's not drugs or something else destructive. Pat
Old 12-13-2010, 08:51 AM

I forgot to add that I think it is essential to work on two or three projects at a time. Sooner or later I usually find a problem and need time to think. So I just turn to the other project and let things "simmer." It's amazing to me how that solves the problem, but it does - eventually. Pat