Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Drowning in projects >

Drowning in projects

Drowning in projects

Old 12-08-2010, 04:43 PM

Do what I did - stick them in the shed until you're ready to fish out another one to finish...
Old 12-08-2010, 04:51 PM

I went to the fabric store to ONLY get what I needed to finish a project from Nov....I didn't look to my left or to my right...just went straight to the counter & asked for what I needed...the sales clerk got it quickly for me, rang up the sale...now, feeling real smug that I'd made it in there without buying anything other than I needed, I turned to leave, saw a great quilted bag hanging as a sample...yep...you guessed it...I bought the pattern as well as the material to make it...(sigh) Maybe next time, I'll call ahead, & have them just meet me at the door...lol :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 12-08-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by dar627742
hi,watched "hoarders" last night,& waS THINKING HOW GREAT IT WOULD BE TO HAVE A proffessional come in to organize everything! the only problem is, the last time [mo.or so ago]i still can't find everything,& I"M the one who did it !!
dar
only problem with that is they want you to throw out stuff. cant do that
Old 12-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

I am totally guilty of this too. How can I tell you any more than... Go For It Girl! LOL!
I truely hope you are able to finish a bunch of them up. It is so good to feel that feeling of Done! Maybe host a good old fashioned quilting bee.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Sounds like you have a plan now stick to it! I generally have 2 or 3 projects going on at the same time sometimes more. I have to make myself finish them before moving on to a new one.
I also make myself finish a project - through the binding and label - before I start new ones.........only if they are for other folks. My quilts tend to go on the back burner!! But I do finish them before I begin another one for me!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:31 PM

I have a few UFO's but I have made up my mind to get them done. I have finished 3 out of 10. I have a couple of projects in process. So I will work on a project then take a UFO and finish it. The system is working for me so far.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:16 PM

Wow! Wow! Wow! All you ladies must have really large houses, with tons of fabric hangin' round.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:25 PM

Your plan is great! I would hide (there's no other word for it) all that I wasn't working on right NOW. I would also rotate among my three or four projects so I wouldn't get discouraged or lose interest in continuing to sew.

I admire your courage in deciding this for your own sanity and could probably only make myself finish two for each new one (which would still get me out of the hole).

LIZ in Kalamazoo, MI
Old 12-08-2010, 08:33 PM

I started this year by deciding to finish my UFO's. I'm anal, so I made a list of everything and then simply followed my list until they were finished. I still have one to be quilted but I feel like I accomplished quite a bit. I had a couple new ones I made during the year, too. One was for a new GD and the other for my son who is in the Air Force and being assigned to Alaska. I figured he'd better have a heavy quilt for the cold winter he'd be facing. My sewing closet looks much better without all those UFO's in there, and of course that made more room for fabric!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:58 PM

I also am suffering from serious ADD -symptoms. Applies to patterns, ideas, and fabrics. I must have more UFOs than I have ever finished! I also have a very short attention span or should it be called just impatience to start another beautiful project? The only remedy my son came up with is to take my computer away. No way, this board is my life line in the mornings with my coffee. Only my e-mail also contains newsletters from fabric stores... I just ordered a couple of meters of flower print while I was at it.