Old 12-08-2010, 10:11 AM
quilterguy27

Originally Posted by klgreene
So sorry this is happening to you. I think it is great when a man works on things that are usully considered in a woman's world. My dad used to cross stitch and he did a much better job than I did. When I was in high school, a 100 years ago, I wanted to take Shop, but that was the "boys world". But that didn't stop me from building a lot of things. So you just keep hanging in there and I would go back to the LQS and tell them, I am serious about taking this class, this is discrimination, so when does the class start!!!!!
Someone mentioned earlier about a guy that was turned down to join a guild. Well, that was me. Yes, it is discrimination and as much as I'd like to throw that in their faces I don't. I don't want to force myself into a group that doesn't want me. I don't have to prove myself to anyone!!! Either accept me or don't. It's their loss for not having me. I could be a great contributor and THEY are the ones missing out.

Chris, if there's anything I can do to help you out I will be more than willing. I get tons of help from all the friendly men and women on this site. I've given up on finding a guild. I get everything I need right here (except for the in person comroderie) and wouldn't trade it for anything. It's just a matter of shopping around until you find just the right group that's willing to accept you without any reservations. Good luck because there are shops and guilds out there that are very accepting and accommodating to men. You will find one soon enough. Or you could just give up like I did and get everything you need right here on the board.

Oh, I know what you mean about needing the one on one learning experience. I'm legally blind and going more blind all the time. I have always been a visual learner. It's been a challenge, but I am learning to learn a new way of learning, lol. Necessity is the Mother of invention. You will find your way, just don't give up! You have me and all the board supporting you. Good luck!