View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 03:44 AM
grann of 6

Well, here I am again with things not going as they are supposed to....The joys of home ownership. I have been here 12 years now, have put on a new roof, a new furnace, turned the basement into a sewing studio, bought a new truck 5 years ago. Replaced the water heater, microwave, refrigerator (has been repaired twice in the last year), fixed toilets. Okay, now this year, new dishwasher, refrigerator repair just 3 weeks ago, new sump pump during the "tsunami", driveway resurfaced, new software for the sewing machine/computer (my treat to myself), then the dog repair (ACL surgery). Now guess what? Last night the garbage disposal took a dump. Sounded like it was grinding up Gus's bionic knee. Got a flashlight and saw what looked like a big chasm in the bottom of the grinder part, guess it ate itself. Went on the internet and ordered a new one from Sears. So today instead of sewing and putting up my Christmas decs, I get to go pick up the new garbage disposal. I even hate to say this, but all that's left to replace is the stove (probably 20 years old) and the well pump (who knows how old that is). So in addition to a bionic knee for the dog, I get a new garbage disposal for Christmas. My son is going to install it this weekend. YIPEE!!!!!