View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 04:36 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
Oh it only gets better! Once you've replaced everything, it starts all over again, because all your 'new' stuff has gotten old & will need repaired. We had a GE side by side refrigerator & had nothing but trouble with it. Then our dishwasher was made by GE & there was a recall on it (wouldn't hold the spot rinse) & guess what, my SN was 1 number off from the recall & it still to this day will not hold spot rinse. As far as the frig, GE offered a $400 rebate for replacements on the model I had but who wants to buy the same exact model when you've had so much trouble? Just enjoy the times inbetween! I call them 'breathers"
I have always had Kenmores and had good luck. My fridge is 4 years old and has had the compressor replaced, the icemaker fixed twice, and the circulator motor replaced just 3 weeks ago. The repairman said you should never buy an appliance without getting extended warranties. I now have the extended for everything. Has paid for itself on the refrigerator alone. My washer and dryer are 12 years old so I figure they will be going soon. I just wish these things wouldn't happen all at once. We won't even talk about the "service on the human body".