View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 04:59 AM
MistyMarie

I feel for you. I really do. Sounds like my place too. Every time my husband goes on deployment or training, things fall apart around here. He's been gone for a little over a month and I've already had my dad at my house twice fixing major issues (like a broken pipe). (My dad lives three hours away, so he gets a "daddy do" list when he drives up here. Fortunately for me, he is retired and he used to be plant engineer for Litton Data, so there is precious little he cannot fix.)

I've replaced the fridge, the freezer, the dishwasher, the garbage disposal, the bell housing for the sprinkler system (twice), a dripping faucet, a broken faucet, a furnace, done rewiring, rerouted drainage pipes, replaced water lines, and repaired toilets...

I shudder to think how worse it is going to get since I have only lived here five years. I think house painting and new carpets are the next to come.

Glad you have someone to help you do the fixing. A plumber wanted $163.00 to fix a water line into my fridge. While here, he punctured the freon line in my fridge. Out came another repair guy... this time, $390 to fix the fridge (that the plumber had to pay), then I just called my dad and he came up and fixed the water line for about $20.00 in parts. Needless to say, I didn't have to pay the plumber, but it really made me wish I was a plumber! What a lot of money for a "simple" job that took my dad less than an hour to do.