View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 06:59 AM
amandasgramma

I understand that using all caps is usually considered yelling. Sometimes I know people that aren't typists find it easier to just use all caps. I know it's harder to read. My question has nothing to do with anyone on this forum, but I received an e-mail today that kinda upset me....so I want the opinion of all you wonderful people.

I sent a letter to a company that provides free webinars (classes). You have to sign up for the webinar and then you are able to see the recorded sessions. I've tried numerous times to see the recorded sessions. The last time it had me re-register. I still couldn't get in. Now, a week later I got a letter reminding me of a new class I'd signed up for on Dec. 15. I hadn't signed up for a class. I checked their website and there is no class scheduled. I wrote asking about it and here is one part of what I wrote: "Now I get an e-mail from you reminding me of a class on Wed. Dec. 15!!! WHAT class????? ". I just got an e-mail back saying this: "I have just arrived at the office and re read your email below.
From the way that I have read your email the tone is confusing to me. All cap generally means you are yelling at me, so I stepped back and re read it. Please give me a call at the office so that we can help you with your viewing the recorded sessions.".

Would you have had the impression that the "WHAT" is me yelling? I do that a lot --- from working for years at a job where we emphasized certain things......If you all do, then I will try to refrain from doing that. :)