View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 07:00 AM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

It only took one very stressful Christmas for me to change everything. Never again no matter which Aunt, in law, cousin, sibling, or bratty kids got miffed about it. Now I buy pre baked cookies and cakes of every kind and always get everyone's favorite. I won't bake myself to death for a holiday. I don't cook Christmas Day, I buy everything pre cooked. I heat it up and have a buffet of eat when you are hungry. I don't do kitchen clean up, everything is disposable. I cook big meals during the year so the holiday is for me too. The tree goes up a week before Christmas and usually comes down the day after. I usually pick out one gift and buy it for everyone. This year everyone is getting a Kindle. The kids get gifts from their wish lists. I bought the big pre lighted tree that goes together in a minute. I hang the house decorations while DH sits out our yard decorations and plugs them in. Usually some need new lights. We have a big Christmas Eve playing Secret Santa/Dirty Santa then all the kids sleep over and we have Santa on Christmas morning. My kids all live close by and they like being here for Christmas. I think my girls (no boys) miss being pampered a little so they want to be here for Christmas. It's just DH, kids and spouses, grands and me, no relatives. Christmas night I usually go to a movie with my girls and grands while the guys stay home and watch tv and sleep.