View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Melinda in Tulsa

I received this email yesterday from a friend. What she has to say is scarey to say the least. Below is what she wrote:

Jeff stayed home sick today so I had a chance to talk with him a bit.. As some of you know.. he is currently in charge of the computers and such at a large fabric warehouse .. these are the people who sell fabric to the designers and the fabric shops we all go to.

So heads up.. he said currently they are experiencing large fluctuations in their costs of the fabrics.. sometimes as many times as three price changes in the day. And they are not nickle and dime raises in the prices.. more like three or four dollars more a yard.. Some of their vendors won't even quote a price now until they are ready to order it on the spot.

Particularly hard hit.. cottons.. and silks. So MING if you are reading this.. stock up while you can over there.

For obvious reasons I cannot post this on PR.. but thought you all should know.. we have seen on the boards not long ago that cotton would be rising.. and I have to think that it will not be a small increase from what he told me.

So if you quilt.. or is you sew a lot ..that means you J.. then STOCK up.