Old 12-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by theoldgraymare
A few years ago I acquired an adult short-haired German pointer bitch. She and I had it round and round because she kept jumping the fence. One night I let her out to potty, but when I went to let her back in she was gone again. So I go outside and start yelling for her. She knows she is in trouble and comes running to jump back in the yard. I guess she slipped and failed to clear the fence. It looked like she was impaled on it, and she was hollering and screaming, so I race over and grab her as she hangs there upside down because her collar had caught on the fence as she went over. Well, I guess she was panicked, and I was gasping for air with my mouth open, holding this large dog upside down with her bobbed tail in my face, when her bladder lets loose! EEWWWW...mouthful of dog pee!
:XD: :XD: :XD: :XD: Yeeuww!! Poor thing! You probably understand my situation with my GSHP then! Mollie is the sweetest natured dog there is but strong willed doesn't even come close!! I have trained dogs and this one takes the cake!! She does what she wants when she wants. It took me 5 Years! to get to the point where she minds me when she is in a controlled situation. But you let her lose inside or outside and all bets are off! So frustrating!! We have a fenced in back yard and I have a second wire fence in front of an 8 ft wooden privacy fence. My biggest frustration with her tho is she eats anything and everything she can get ahold of! Socks go down whole toys paper fabric anything she can put her mouth on. She is 7 now. Pretty well behaved on the whole as long as she knows I have the upper hand. She loves hugs and is always looking for handouts! Not that I let them have alot of people food. She gets carrots crackers and dog treats mostly.
She and I have a battle every time she goes outside. She will jump on the door to come in. I go to the door she backs off and acts uninterested. Won't come when called despite all the training with a rope outside and despite she knows exactly what I want her to do. I shut the door she jumps. I wait she jumps. I go to the door where she is standing and she runs away keeping an eye on me and the door. Til SHE decides she is ready to come in! GGRRRR!!