Old 12-10-2010, 10:34 PM
debbieumphress

We have a hound dog named Duke and he is fully grown adn has always been an outside dog because we got him from middle DD and they never trained him when he was younger. You can't give him a bath, you can't get him into a vehicle and you have to be careful around him. He runs up behind you and jumps on your back and down we go. I carry a stick now and wave it around me as I walk. Anyway, He is a thief and a good one. If we don't use the deadbolts, he can turn the knob with his mouth and run inthe house. He grabs the first thing he can get his mouth on and runs out and off he goes. And he knows how to open the gate to his big fenced back yard. He gets out to run during the day as we live in the country but at night he knows its time to eat and go to bed. DH built a patio and put a swinging gate on it to keep him out and away from the front door....yup, you guessed it, he figuerd out how to pull the safety off and open the gate by lifting up the handle with his nose. We watched him do it. Now we use safety chains on everything we dont' want him in. ROFL. Pets are wonderful creatures.
Two new kitties stay in the house. No cute stories on them yet, they are just cute.

Baby kitties (the bruises on dh's hands are from the dog jumping up on him to say hello.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141333[/ATTACH]

Duke
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141334[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-141328.jpe   attachment-141329.jpe