Old 12-11-2010, 12:08 AM
lalaland

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and input. You have given me strength to NOT do this to myself again, and some great suggestions as to what to say, and what to think in my head when I'm being diplomatic with what is coming out of my mouth (if you get my drift)!!

I decided to make the jacket. I felt that since I didn't have my wits about me to tell her no when she called 2 weeks after she said she was bringing the material by "today", and I said yes, bring it over, I kind of committed myself.

Happily, she only brought over enough fabric for 1 jacket, not two, so when I called her to tell her that, I also said no, I would not have the time to make a second jacket now, when she asked how much more fabric I needed. She was very nice about it. Of course, she did tell me that the jacket I was making needed to be 1" longer in the arms. Gee, wonder when she was going to give me that little bit of info - after I had already made it??? Geeeez.

And thank you Mary Quite Contrary for reminding me to NOT take a check, but ask for cash, when she comes by to pick it up. I will remember to mention that when I call her tomorrow to come get the jacket.

So, here's a picture of the infamous jacket. I have to admit, it did really turn out cute. I also posted a picture of the jacket that started it all. She had bought the boy's jacket, but also wanted a girl's jacket in the same size.

Jacket Front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141368[/ATTACH]

Jacket Back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141369[/ATTACH]

The Jacket That Started It All
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141370[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-141363.jpe   attachment-141364.jpe   attachment-141365.jpe