View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 05:36 AM
QuilterChick

Originally Posted by rebeccalr
I decided to get my daughter a sewing desk for Christmas from the jolly man. I went by a store I go to frequently that sells sewing machines hoping that she could tell me what store to go to, instead she led me to the most darling little girls desk. It was white with pink trim and pink knobs. Just adorable! She said, "Let me see what I can do." As she walked away I was just devastated because I was sure she would come back with a price that was $20-40 more than I could spend and I would just have to walk away from it. Well, that didn't happen, because she came back with a price that was HUNDREDS more than I could pay. The desk was $450 with the discount!! Good Lord have mercy it was made out of MDF, not virgin hard wood from the Brazilian rain forest. Thankfully, I could walk away from that desk with no guilt. Is it just me or do you sometimes feel like you are being taken advantage of because you are addicted?

Look in the office supply stores; Office Max, Office Depot, Staples etc. They have plenty of nice solid computer desks that can be used for sewing desks under $200. You can even get a matching file cabinet to put next to it for "accessories", thread etc. Check their catalogs online first, pick out what you like, call and ask if they have it in stock. Saves shopping time. If you have a Target near you, they also have really cute desks, I've seen white ones in there too, very girly.