Old 12-11-2010, 03:51 PM
koko

Originally Posted by Katia
Oops, I messed up, it is not McCalls, it is Simplicity 2441. I made the face, legs, hands and tail out of a suede looking type fabric. But not a stretchy fabric. The pattern called for just solid cotton. For the eyes I had half ball solid black buttons, and I wanted them to be sunken a bit. I am just now noticing they are uneven, but I am not fixing them, That will teach me for working on him too late last night. Anyway, you stuff his head from the back, so I stuffed it loosely and then used a longer needle to go in from the back and catch the button shank. To keep it for pulling through I cut out four pieces of the suede fabric in circles and caught those on my way back. I did this several times to secure it. Then I finished stuffing his head. When he was all done I decided his eyes needed to be sucked down a bit more so out came the super long doll needle and hid the knots down on his neck. No way those buttons are coming off.

Making dolls is my first love. I have not made any for a long long time, but wow, did this little guy bring it back. I didn't make artsy dolls, I made dolls for kids to love. Maybe after the first I will have to get back to that.
I can just visualize a little guy dragging the monkey by the tale wherever he goes...you did a great job. Wish I had someone to make one for! Do you just cut holes in the yo-yos for the elastic to go through in the arms and legs?