View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 08:58 PM
stillwaters

Originally Posted by montanajan
Very pretty - I'm new to paper piecing - how do you use freezer paper in a way it doesn't have to be torn off like other foundation paper?
Welcome to this Quilting Board! I found this tutorial for piecing using Freezer Paper. http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...age=page&id=21
I hope this helps. It looks like A LOT of steps, but you really get into a rhythm.
The only hints I would add are:
~When you fold back the freezer paper, you can use a "credit card" to keep your line straight (the free kind they keep sending in the mail). This also gives you a little more thickness to butt the add-a-quarter ruler up to when cutting.
~ When ironing the freezer paper onto you fabric, remember to "start wrong and go right!" - you iron onto the WRONG side of the #1 fabric, and to the RIGHT side of all the rest.
~ if you are piecing very small bits (like the roses and the stems in the one I did), you can use an add-an-eighth ruler instead.

I hope you try this method! I love that you just peel the freezer paper off of your finished section and you can use it again! If the freezer paper gets "linty" and doesn't seem to stick well any more, you just wipe it with a USED dryer sheet and it will keep on working for you.

Good luck! Barbara