View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 12:05 AM
dmackey

I've had a few of those precious moments!

The first is when my then teenage son told me "I love the way you yell at me! You never put me down, but always say I am smarter than that or why would such a bright kid do such a dumb thing!" because his girlfriend's parents told her she was useless, stupid, and would never be anything.

Another is when my future daughter in law's mom sent me a letter. I couldn't attend the bridal shower (across the country) and at the time, I had been out of work and I was broke. So, I wrote a poem, put it on nice paper, that basically said "He is yours now, take care of my baby" and it was on the first page of the photo album I made of him through the years (not a scrap book). Her mom said it stopped the shower cold, everyone gathered to view all the pictures, and her daughter was in tears. She had never seen such a gift do such a thing and she thought I was amazing to think of it. I was so happy to hear that.

Lastly it was my nephew who helped me make patches for many quilts when I did daycare for the family. He asked me to make him a quilt and I let him pick out his focus fabric. I gave it to him on Thanksgiving day and the whole family was around. He spread it out carefully, made sure there were no wrinkles, stared at it for a minute, then jumped onto it yelling "I love it! I love it!" Sewing for others can't get better than that!

Same nephew also told me that if his mom married his older brother he would marry me cuz I was smart and fun.

Diane