View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 09:46 AM
mommafank

Originally Posted by GrammaBabs
:thumbup:
Now i know i LOVE this place... when i first started "quilting" it amazed me how much it was going to cost to learn an old hobby that was started from re-cycling things to keep warm!!!!
My first quilt was "batted" with a 4dollar blanket found at WallyWorld... worked great...
Then i saw how much it was costing to have them "quilted".. tried to free motion on my machine.. that took my temper to task... so having some free money.. i decided i loved the hobby enough to buy myself,, the Grace Pinnacle frame with the Janome 1600P... it works great.. and i've saved a ton, quilting my own fabric (ie.. all that stash that's sitting there)..and quilting my own pieced tops..(tons of time and money saved)...plus i'm having fun...there is always a much more cost effective way..
ps.. my quilting group gets lots of smiles from me...they are the 1/4" queens.. and perfectionists...me.. i'm the "mascot" having fun..
Wonderful, having fun is really what it is all about. Having a hobby you love is the best medicine in the world.