View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Gerbie

I also use a see through tackle box,double sided with different compartments for storing all of my machine embroidery Thread. Then for storing all of my other thread I have some of the plastic storage boxes with clamps on the side and handle on top from Wall Mart Sterlite brand I think, and use the smaller ones for storing all of my machine needles in. I have two different types of pencil holders, one that is plastic and has a snap on the end I think I got it at Office Depot, I use it for carrying a pair of small scissors, seam ripper, pair of tweezers and a the small metal six inch rulers some spools of thread will fit in it, if I can't get my thread in it, I just put that in a zip lock bag. The other one is metal and has a snap on lid and is shaped like a pencil- I got that when teaching from some sales person, that I carry extra bobbins, my screwdriver for my sewing machine, a pkg. of sewing needles and two or three extra machine attachment feet. I carry that one with me to our quilting group all the time. When I am traveling in the car and taking something with me, if I am working or small things, I use a small flat cloth zippered croww stitch/embroidery bag, that has plastic divider sleeves in it. scissors, needles and rulers also fit well in this and I can carry small blocks if I need to. I have a couple of nice toe bags that I use to carry large items that I am working on, and I usually have my plastic pencil case in it, so I don't misplace my scissors and necessities. I like to use plastic zip locks quart size, to put each color or sizes of my blocks I have cut and will be working on. They don't take up a lot of space in any of your bags, and you don't accidently pull out some of the blocks and lose them when working on them somewhere.
I have lots of the plastic storage bins that I have and use for different colors of thread. I also use them for other sewing needs (not quilting) bias tape, lace, velcro, elastic, etc.
By the way David, tell us what you got when you went shopping and what pattern you are working on. Show pics if you can of your fab. and pattern. Have full. Sounds like you've really been busy cutting fabric.