Thread: HELLO
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Memalinda

Hello everyone,
I am a newbe and I have been so inspired by all of you and the great pictures of the quilts. I have been sewing for what seems like forever because I can hardly remember not sewing. I am a cancer survivor and I began to quilt in 1994 when I was diagnosed with cancer for the second time. I was scared to death and when I was taking invenory of my life I realized how lucky I was I had a great husband and 3 children and had accomplished just about everything I wanted in my life with one exception I had always wanted to make a quilt. Well as soon as I got out of the hospital I would just think about the quilt I would make. As soon as I could I started that quilt it is called a deck of cards. I completed the quilt top but never completed the quilt. It sat in a box for all this time and I would look at it now and then and say some day I will finish this quilt. I finally realized what was holding up from completing that quilt it was fear if I finished the quilt then I would have done everything in my life I wanted to and it was a little scary.
Well thanks to the inspiration of all you quilters out there I have decided to complete the quilt. I have the batting and the backing basted and I am really ready to finish it. As soon as it is done I will post a picture of it.
:)
LOL,
Memalinda