HELLO

Old 08-10-2007, 01:25 PM

Hello everyone,
I am a newbe and I have been so inspired by all of you and the great pictures of the quilts. I have been sewing for what seems like forever because I can hardly remember not sewing. I am a cancer survivor and I began to quilt in 1994 when I was diagnosed with cancer for the second time. I was scared to death and when I was taking invenory of my life I realized how lucky I was I had a great husband and 3 children and had accomplished just about everything I wanted in my life with one exception I had always wanted to make a quilt. Well as soon as I got out of the hospital I would just think about the quilt I would make. As soon as I could I started that quilt it is called a deck of cards. I completed the quilt top but never completed the quilt. It sat in a box for all this time and I would look at it now and then and say some day I will finish this quilt. I finally realized what was holding up from completing that quilt it was fear if I finished the quilt then I would have done everything in my life I wanted to and it was a little scary.
Well thanks to the inspiration of all you quilters out there I have decided to complete the quilt. I have the batting and the backing basted and I am really ready to finish it. As soon as it is done I will post a picture of it.
:)
LOL,
Memalinda
Old 08-10-2007, 01:48 PM

Memalinda, I am glad you joined us...and thank you for your story. It takes courage to complete this...you obviously have it...anyone here would admit to that. I look forward to seeing this beginning of accomplishments in quilting. Some might even say, if you keep on quilting you have fully expressed your courage. Congratulations and peace be with you. :D
Old 08-10-2007, 01:55 PM

Welcome to our the family! We are very proud to have you. You are certainly a strong woman. I can only imagine how scary that must have been. I am so happy you have found the inspiration within us to complete your quilt...what an honor! Please be sure to post pictures soon. We cannot wait to see them. :D