View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 06:54 AM
Corry

Originally Posted by myrna
Oh, talk about a day short and a dollar shy. I was at the show on Sat. AND Sun. nut I did not see your message until now. I would have loved to meet you. DRATS.
I think I saw EVERY quilt and am blown away by so much talent and creativity. My partner, Nancy, was impressed with the considerable number of quilts made with the paper piecing technique as she excells in that. She is encouraged to see this way to make quilts.
We are looking forward to next year. Maybe we can meet then. Where do you live; I'm in West Palm Beach.
Myrna
Yes, me too, Myma. I was at the World Quilt Show too. This was my first time and I was in awe at all the beautiful quilts! My hubby went with me and we had a great time. I sent in several photos I took. We live in Okeechobee, a little town at the tip of the big Lake Okeechobee. Is this event held every year here in West Palm Beach? I know it was last year but was unable to attend. I had injured my knee and was unable to walk that much. It was a challenge for me to walk it this year as I walk with a cane but I made it around to see all of the quilts on exhibit. I didn't walk thru all the vendors ....just a few as I was saving my walking for viewing quilts....lol Hubby borrowed me a wheel chair and I used it a little bit but I wasn't able to really get close and see the quilts like I wanted to when in the chair so I walked most of it. One of my favorite quilts was the chicken quilt and the large quilt with the dragon pulling the woman in the chariot. Anyway, we really enjoyed it. Corry