World Quilt Show in Florida

Old 08-23-2010, 03:50 PM

Is anyone planning to attend the World Quilt Show in FL on November 12-14th in Palm Beach? I'm planning on going so if anyone else is going let me know and maybe we can meet up.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:25 PM

I wish!!! I'll be at the March Show at the Lakeland Center, though.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:11 AM

Are you saying the world quilt show will be at the Lakeland Center in March! I live in Ocala and would like to attend. TY Denise
Old 08-24-2010, 12:25 PM

The World Quilt Show is at the convention center in West Palm Beach in November 12-15th
Old 08-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by quilter2
Is anyone planning to attend the World Quilt Show in FL on November 12-14th in Palm Beach? I'm planning on going so if anyone else is going let me know and maybe we can meet up.
Want to go, but don't know if I can make it, yet.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:48 PM

Is anyone going to attend the World Quilt Show in November in West Palm Beach, Fl. If so, let me know and maybe we can meet up.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by Bev
Originally Posted by quilter2
Want to go, but don't know if I can make it, yet.
Won't be able to make it. Sniff-sniff :cry:
Old 11-15-2010, 11:30 AM

Oh, talk about a day short and a dollar shy. I was at the show on Sat. AND Sun. nut I did not see your message until now. I would have loved to meet you. DRATS.
I think I saw EVERY quilt and am blown away by so much talent and creativity. My partner, Nancy, was impressed with the considerable number of quilts made with the paper piecing technique as she excells in that. She is encouraged to see this way to make quilts.
We are looking forward to next year. Maybe we can meet then. Where do you live; I'm in West Palm Beach.
Myrna
Old 12-13-2010, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by myrna
Oh, talk about a day short and a dollar shy. I was at the show on Sat. AND Sun. nut I did not see your message until now. I would have loved to meet you. DRATS.
I think I saw EVERY quilt and am blown away by so much talent and creativity. My partner, Nancy, was impressed with the considerable number of quilts made with the paper piecing technique as she excells in that. She is encouraged to see this way to make quilts.
We are looking forward to next year. Maybe we can meet then. Where do you live; I'm in West Palm Beach.
Myrna
Yes, me too, Myma. I was at the World Quilt Show too. This was my first time and I was in awe at all the beautiful quilts! My hubby went with me and we had a great time. I sent in several photos I took. We live in Okeechobee, a little town at the tip of the big Lake Okeechobee. Is this event held every year here in West Palm Beach? I know it was last year but was unable to attend. I had injured my knee and was unable to walk that much. It was a challenge for me to walk it this year as I walk with a cane but I made it around to see all of the quilts on exhibit. I didn't walk thru all the vendors ....just a few as I was saving my walking for viewing quilts....lol Hubby borrowed me a wheel chair and I used it a little bit but I wasn't able to really get close and see the quilts like I wanted to when in the chair so I walked most of it. One of my favorite quilts was the chicken quilt and the large quilt with the dragon pulling the woman in the chariot. Anyway, we really enjoyed it. Corry
Old 08-29-2011, 04:30 PM

My Husband mentioned tonight that we may....may consider going to the World Quilt Show this fall in Florida. My handbag will be displayed there with the Hoffman Challenge. I am hoping we can swing the trip. If so, I'll let you know.