View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 12:54 PM
DawnMarie

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Originally Posted by dglvr
That quilt you made was beautifal. This happened to me too.
I spent alot of time and money on a quilt for a friend having a baby and she said she wanted it for the wall. I even put the hangers on it.
They left for awhile so I took care of their dogs and went to see how the quilt looked. To my shocking suprise it was in the crib with stains and yukkie stuff all over it. I must say a tear or 2 fell that day. I was so upset. I took a picture of it to show a freind. I had to delete it after that because everytime I seen the picture it was a painful reminder. I try to remember the "once you give it away its no longer yours". She was at my house one day and noticed a quilt I had done and mentioned that would look so nice on her bed. Like hint hint please make that for me. All I could do was laugh. I was suprised I kept my mouth shut. It took me awhile to make another quilt to give away but had to remember someone else would hopefully cherish a quilt I made. I've made several other quilts for babies now but use only panels and stuff that I know will be used in a crib.
It is so frustrating like finding something you took the time and money and heart to make for someone and finding it in their yard sale for $1.
Don't give up. You do beautifal work. If you want to make me that quilt it will be cherished. :thumbup:
It seems like that quilt was being used for the purpose that you gave it to them. Babies make messes. Unpleasant things come out of various openings.

If I had found it in the dog's bed, then I would have been po'd.
I have to say that babies really do make messes, and some stains are super hard to get out. I've mentioned the 3D Bowtie quilt I made for my daughter before...Yeah, I'll never make one of those for a baby again. Do you know how hard it is to get spit up and puke out of those little pockets? Yuk!