View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 05:37 PM
CoriAmD

Originally Posted by Prissnboot
I had never quilted before, but wanted to start so I prewashed all of my stash and bought a bunch of stuff, printed out oodles of free block patterns from the net, and was afraid to start. I started and love the journey I'm on so far.

Then I found a pattern involving paper piece. I was nervous and delayed starting it because I didn't know how. YouTube to the rescue, I found out how to do it, and haven't looked back.

Now I'm working on an elaborate piece which I only have 12 days to finish (yes, it's for Christmas) and am now at a stopping point of sorts because it involves...you guessed it, applique. I've read instructions one after the other, even just read Better Homes & Gardens Complete Guide to Quilting. This can't be so difficult, it just CAN'T. So why am I so apprehensive about starting?

Please reach deep down and give me some confidence, tell me I can do it. Because I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....
Try it on a scrap fabric, if it doesn't turn out - no big deal. I was like that with making a Hobo purse for my granddaughter for Christmas last yer. It took me 2 months to get up the courage to try it (finally used the thought - I'll make it, if I don't like it, won't give it to her) Well, then it took me about 2 hours to make it - and I loved it, she loved it and everyone else at the family Christmas party ooohed and awwwed over it!
Go ahead a try it. Like the other things you have tried, I think you will master this too! :)